Conference Job provides Las Vegas event job, Chicago event job, Seattle event job, India event job, and other global conference job seekers with a robust event database comprised of Indeed, Simply Hired, and Career Jet event industry positions. Your conference event job search engine and employment post site has become a respected leader in the event employment industry, matching thousands of convention job, exhibit job, and trade show job seekers with the event positions posted by employers. Whether you are the event career seeker searching for a Event Marketing position in Chicago or the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority looking to fill its conference jobs, ConferenceJob.com is the place to meet. We routinely updated multiple times throughout the day, thereby ensuring that the event job seeker is presented with the latest open conference jobs. For only $30.00 any individual or corporation may post open event positions to the Conference Job board for 30 days. Conference Jobs Event Search Engine & Employment Post Site.
Learn more about Conference Jobs in the following articles; Seattle Conference Jobs Make Work Fun & Where to Post Conference Jobs.
Title: Conference Job Industry
There are many positions available in this field. A conference employs a host of people and can be a great place for people who are interested to work in this field. Some people even travel with conferences and events as full-time conference people. These positions can be ones where you travel or you can stay in one spot and work all the gigs at a convention center. Whatever position you choose, you are sure to have an interesting life with this job. The following are some of the jobs and positions in this industry:
Conference Organizer and Manager
* The conference organizer or manager has to completely organize the event and make sure that everything runs smoothly.
* They also have to do the research before hand and make sure that they have all the pertinent information on the event.
* They are also responsible for recruitment of staff and program speakers.
* They have to promote the event beforehand to make sure that attendance is good and everyone has a productive time.
* They also have to direct staff during the event and make sure that every detail is taken care of in a positive way.
* Event staff can be servers, janitors, ushers and sales people. They can handle a variety of jobs and are very busy before, during and directly after the event.
* The motivational speaker can be the highlight of the event and so you will want to employ someone for this task who can motivate everyone and make the conference or event a success. The motivational speaker can make or break the conference. If you can find someone who can mix humor with knowledge, then that will be a plus.
Types of Events in the Conference Job Industry
* Workshop is one type of event that people have at a conference center. Workshops can last for few hours or several days. Usually, some of the staff will have to travel with the workshop. The event organizer will probably have minimal involvement as they will have their own staff and speakers.
* Conference centers also have exhibits and they are mainly organized by the event planner and the staff they hire. An exhibit has a skeleton staff that travels with the exhibit and puts it up and takes it down.
* Trade shows also require staff and they can be there at the conference and then move on to the next show.
* You can also have business meetings and special events like a bridal show at a convention center. These events do not have as many staff but they will require some for the conference.
If you are looking for a job that is both interesting and always changing, then a position in the conference job industry may be right for you. Whether you work at a convention center and do not travel or you work for an event that travels, every day can offer new challenges and a rewarding job. You can start out in an entry level position and work your way up to an event manager or program director. It can be a career choice that offers variety and excitement in your life.
Debbie Munroe is an event planner with years of experience in the event planning industry. She is also a trained human resource person and a blogger as well.